Bringing Adventure to Life!
Powder Horn is a training opportunity designed to expose participants to activities and resources necessary to operate a successful Venturing or Troop High Adventure program and conduct the following:
- Helps Venturing, Boy Scout, and Varsity Scout Leaders learn to safely conduct outdoor activities of a fun and challenging nature.
- Provide an introduction to the resources necessary to successfully lead their Venturers and older Boy Scouts through a program of high adventure.
- Familiarizes the leader with the Ranger program so that they can help the Venturer to meet the requirements of the Ranger Award.
October 6-8, 2017 at Camp Lazarus (4422 Columbus Pike, Delaware, OH 43015)
November 3-5, 2017 at Camp Falling Rock (12637 Houdeshell Rd, St Louisville, OH 43071)
Registration and $50 non-refundable deposit required to confirm my registration for the 2017 Simon Kenton Council Powder Horn Course.
$250 Early Bird, paid in full by Sept 1st, $299 after Sept 1st for the 2-weekend course. The registration fee covers all meals, training materials, supplies, and liability insurance. All participants will receive: 1 Powder Hom short sleeve T-shirt (additional shirts are available for purchase) and Powder Hom award (upon successful completion of the course)
No refunds of course registration fees can be made.
- Registered youth/adult member of Boy Scouts of America.
- Youth must be 14 years of age (or have joined a Venturing crew if 13 years of age and completed the unit’s version of Leadership training (Introduction of Leadership Skills for Troops or Crews, etc.); National Youth Leadership Training is recommended for youth participants.
- Adults must be trained for their position.
- All participants must complete:
- Venturing Youth Protection
- Hazardous Weather
- Safety Afloat
- Safe Swim Defense
- Climb on Safely
- Meet the physical requirements contained in the Annual Health and Medical Record physical in a backcountry environment.
Please read the entire Power Horn pamphlet for all details! Powder Horn 2017 PamphletRegistration
Questions? Contact Patty Hisey