2017 Commissioners Conference
When: Saturday, August 12, 2017
Where: Simon Kenton Council Office, 807 Kinnear Road, Columbus, Ohio 43212
We are very excited to present the 2017 Commissioner Conference for the Simon Kenton Council. We have developed this conference to serve as an additional training opportunity for Commissioners from
both Simon Kenton Council as well as our neighbor councils in Area 4.
This year there will be a course from bachelors, masters and roundtable levels of the College of Commissioner Science curriculum to serve as that needed one additional class for degree candidates. We will also offer Unit Commissioner Basic Training which will be a separate 3 hour block in the morning.
In addition to your choice of Commissioner College course, there will be three consolidated general forum sessions including a lunch program. We will present a number of practical current commissioner topics throughout these sessions including:
• Introduction of all SKC Assistant Council Commissioners and what their roles are? Who to go to for what?
• Scoutbook: Is it the future portal of all data for Scouting?
• Commissioner Tools: Basics, Tricks and Tips, What you are allowed and not allowed to do?
• On Line Registration: What is it all about?
• Council initiatives that need Commissioner understanding and Support
Schedule of the day:
8:30 am -9:00 am Registration
9:00 am – 9:50 am Opening Session
10:00 am – 10:50 Commissioner Forum I
11:00 am – noon Commissioner Forum II
Noon – 1:00 pm Lunch / Commissioner Forum II
1:00 pm – 1:30 pm Closing/Awards
Registration: Registration fee is $15 before August 7, 2016. After August 7 the fee is $20. Registration closes August 10, 2016. Walk-in fee $30 and lunch is not guaranteed.Register Here
For full details and to view the flyer:Flyer