AEP ReCreation Land has donated use of their Hook Lake Campground — 110 campsites — to Cub Scouts Pack 150 for an entire weekend! Pack 150 invites its Pack families as well as all Simon Kenton Council Arrowhead District Packs and Troops to enjoy a great summer weekend of camping – at no cost!
Located south of Cambridge, Ohio; the Hook Lake campground offers a number of camping amenities that are perfect for Pack, Troop, Den, Patrol and family camping:
- Wooded and open-air campsites
- Every campsite has a picnic table and campfire area (most with rings) – no electric hookups
- 2 potable water pumps in the campground, but bringing bottled water is suggested for convenience purposes
- Portable toilet sanitation (with hand-washing stations)
- 1 picnic shelter with electric
- Playground for our youngest Scouts and siblings
- Catch and release fishing pond
- Access to the Buckeye Trail – less than 2 miles away
Most importantly, we will enjoy privacy and seclusion…allowing for Scouts to work on Cub Scout adventures and Boy Scout merit badges while enjoying the fun and camaraderie that only comes from getting outside and camping!
Packs, Dens, Troops and Patrols need to register the number of individual campsites needed and indicate the number of participants (youth/adult, male/female) to facilitate completion of BSA trip forms. Registration deadline is Sunday, July 17.
Pack your tents and get ready to play outside!