Thanks for participating in Scouting for Food!
For more information on the food drive, please contact Chris Wiseman
Box and Bag Distribution:
- Starting the week of October 24th (Available at Columbus, Chillicothe, and Portsmouth Offices)
- November roundtables
Tips and timeline for participating in Scouting for Food:
- October –
- Determine how many Scouts will participate and how many adults will be available to drive when picking up food
- Determine to which food bank or soup kitchen your unit will be giving the collected items
- Determine how your unit will be participating (there are multiple ways possible)
- Determine the number of bags and boxes needed
- Come pick up your bags or boxes at any council service center
- Talk to other units to get them to participate (consider a friendly competition)
- November –
- Collect as many cans as possible (Report your total collected)
- December –
- Report your results and order your patches on this website
- Deliver your collected food items to a food bank or soup kitchen (be sure to report your results first!)
- January –
- Celebrate your success and thank all your Scouts and parents for participating
- At University of Scouting and January Roundtable – Pay for and pick up your patches
Since 2008, the Simon Kenton Council’s media partner ABC 6/Fox 28 has been immensely supportive of our Scouting for Food efforts. The 2015 Scouting for Food drive began with a full three-day media kickoff, as Good Day Columbus welcomed Scouts on the air every single day that week. WE are HUGELY grateful to the entire staff of the ABC 6/Fox 28 family for helping get the word out about our food drive.
Check out some clips from past years!
Good Day Columbus announces the Scouting for Food Kickoff!
Racing pinewood cars with Phil C. and his pack buddies from Hilliard!
Getting crafty with earth-friendly projects with Grove City Scouts